Monday, July 27, 2009

I cannot remember things often and it can be kind of scary.
I started really forgetting stuff around senior year of high school... Like friends names who I've known for 4 years even though I'm looking right at them.
I'll remember once I'm reminded.

But for some reason I don't remember a lot on my own.
I know I can never be very smart after this age because I am incapable of retaining things for the most part.
Even songs I listen to a thousand times I can't remember the words to.

I'll be done watching a movie with Stephanie, and then she'll make a reference to it, and then I'll say, "What?"
And I honestly have no idea what she is talking about.
I'm not stupid, really.

I just don't remember a lot.

I wonder if that's how things will end. I'll get Alzheimer's disease and my past life will be nothing to me.

I don't know whether to be upset about this or not.

My dad says to get on a regular sleeping schedule, eat foods with antioxidants, and cut down dairy.
Guuuuhhhh.

Maybe this is why I write diary style.
I don't remember how I am unless if it's in front of me.


And I'm okay with being that girl who's around sometimes and doesn't say much in large social settings unless intoxicated.
[Man she's awkward.]

I'm also in this state where I don't think love exists and I'm not going to go look for it.
Everyone is a specter, it seems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this problem, too. :( My mom regularly drops quotes from books she hasn't read in 30 years...yet I can't remember what happened in a book I read and loved three days ago.

...People always say that there are different forms of intelligence besides the retention of facts.

Daniel Fishel said...

When love comes it will come. Ya cant force it and strangely you cant look for it either.