This summer I am:
- Going to be attending illustration classes at Moore!
- Going to be working. Probably a lot. I don't know yet. I'll see how it is later.
- Going to be working on a portfolio to get ready for frickin college. I've been thinking of Savannah School of Art and Design, Rhode Island School of Design, Tyler Institute of Art, Maryland Institute College of Art (wtf institute college), Philadelphia University of Art (but only if I am paralyzed and forced to stay at home, otherwise this is my last choice), aaaaaand I think that's all I have in mind for now. In my little SCAD booklet, it says that Simon and Schuster is one of the companies that employs SCAD illustration students or something. They are the same people who do Spiderwick and the Uglies series, I do believe, which of course is very exciting. But yeah. College. HMMMM.
- Probably not going to go on any fun vacations because we are cheap people.
- Excercise. I am gaining weight.
Also, my car. Remember how I said I loved it and it was pretty sweet? Well, it pretty much flipped out on me and died. The windshield wipers went off and then the gas came in bursts and the stereo system went crazy and I became very sad once it died out. It is in the shop, but yeah. Money money cash money. I am poor.
I need some variety, lovelies. I love Uglies and Scott and his creations of hope and trust and free stallions, but I've decided that I'm going to maybe possibly unconcretingly take a break. No, it might be concrete. But yes. I have a portfolio to make, and I need to excercise some variety with both this and that.
P.S. I've pretty much fallen in love with Spiderwick's illustrations, though I don't think I'd ever actually buy the books. But they are beautiful.
Maybe next time I'll be back with some watercolors?
2 comments:
aahh gawd that guy in the television box is such a stereotypical artist, why do they always have to be so weird?? if i become a famous illustrator, i'm just going to try to act like a playboy.
i failed to mention that i very much appreciate his work.
Post a Comment